At the end of 2019 we bring you Biodiversity_next, a joint international conference on digital science for biological and geological information. The event will be hosted by Naturalis Biodiversity Center and will take place between 21-25 October 2019 in Leiden, Netherlands.This week will be an amazing opportunity to bring together scientists, e-infrastructure operators, data managers and science policy makers. Additionally the annual meetings of four influential initiatives: TDWG, GBIF, CETAF & DiSSCo will be held at this event.
Biodiversity_next will focus on the following topics:
- Promoting innovation in biodiversity & geodiversity information science and applications
- Sharing and enhancing community data standards and information management practices
- Improving domein reach to new audiences (incl. scientific, policy and industry)
- Inspiring new generations to more enthusiastically embark on data-intensive science around biological and geological diversity
- Building community consensus on pivotal and socio-cultural aspects of the community practices
The format of the conference will include plenary sessions, parallel tracks, workshops/hackathons, training courses, demo corners and policy sessions.
To further engage our wider community and enable younger scientists and biodiversity data experts to contribute to the conference planning, the conference Steering Board invites applications for membership to the biodiversity_next Programme Committee. Deadline for applications is 31 July 2018. Applications are submitted through a quick form (https://biodiversitynext.org/programme-committee/).
If you want to follow the news on Biodiversity_next, please go to http://biodiversitynext.org and subscribe to the newsletter to receive key updates on dates (incl. registration opening and deadlines).